Saturday, April 7, 2007

Day 22

Some of the girls here. Roommate not in it and most of the girls have already left.

Only 8 days left! Time is passing by really fast now. My predictions were right. It took me one week to orientate and let my body get used to the new movements, one week to break old habits and learn new ones, one week to get into the groove of things and now finally, my last week, I feel I know what I’m doing. Thus the 1 month stint.

Ankles holding, kicks are finally gaining power though unfortunately punches are impeded by my left wrist. Overall I’m happy to see my progress so far.

Okay, listen to this…They have BODYCOMBAT classes in the evenings!!!! What the hell?! It was so funny! I knew there was classes held in the evenings and decided to check it out. They told me “Boxing! Boxing!” so I naturally assumed it was like freestyle boxercise class. I stood outside the studio. Saw some pretty familiar moves. Moved closer and…

Heard ‘Listen To Your Heart’.

Believe me, my jaw dropped. Oh my gosh. There were like 5 ladies, all locals. The instructor’s technique was good but he was super bouncy, choreo mistakes, tracks totally out of sequence…okie, I’m being bitchy and snotty again. Guess I’m just missing combat.

No comments: