Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Day 17

Okie, forgot to mention this but I weighed myself yesterday. I wasn’t too concerned about dropping lots of weight but the guys kept asking how much I’ve lost. Apparently according to them, I’ve lost quite a bit. Haha one of them said “When you come, you pui pui! Now you slender!”. It was just funny. Didn’t weigh myself before I came so it’s just a rough guess that I’ve lost about 2kg, maybe 3? And no, no six-pack yet. Still only one-pack hehe.

Went to see a doctor today, couldn’t find the damn clinic so ended up going to one of their hospitals. I felt as if I had sprouted another head cos everyone was like looking at me like they’ve never seen a foreigner before. Guess they don’t see much tourist strolling into their local hospitals. Nothing serious, just heat rash. Doc said it was ‘contact dermatitis’ whatever that was. Haha, tried to score some sleeping pills from him too since I haven’t had a decent night’s sleep at all these past 2 weeks. He actually gave me Xanax, which according to my roommate, is to calm and sedate anxiety-prone people. We’ll see how effective it is tonight.

Did something new in training today. Clinching. It’s basically like wrestling standing up where you try to grab a good hold on your opponent’s head/neck while you pummel him with knees. Objective is to of course keep getting into a good position by pulling him to either direction and then swing you knee into the kidney or ribs, finally maybe tripping him. Think Bodycombat 31’s Roundhouse Knee in track 7.

Now pop quiz! Which is the next body part to go wrong after the legs? Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock! Time’s up! Did you guess it? It’s my left fist and wrist!! By the way, remember the bump under my wrist? It’s still there. No chance to heal since it’s the same spot where my glove is and where I block. Hurts to punch now. Sigh, if I can’t kick, then now I can’t punch, how to train?!!!!! Tell me! Tell me!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Christian,

Thanks a lot! Glad you like it :)