Friday, July 20, 2007

Take 2... Day 1/16

Yes I’m back!! Had to wake up at an ungodly hour of 4am to catch the super early flight at 6.30am but it was worth it. Reached the school around 10plus morning and it was straight into workout.

Hit the tiny gym to do pump, had to adjust to the weights there again. Not much have changed since I was last here but quite a bit of the punching bags and stuff have been changed. That was excellent! New and cleaner pads and bags are always welcomed.

It almost felt like I’ve never left. Everyone here still remembered me! Even the little kids! Warm greetings, surprised looks and smiles just made me feel really at home here.

I dived into my training straight away in the afternoon. It was great. Didn’t have clumsy coordination problem this time round, no need to worry about getting body orientated. I won’t have to waste time getting into ‘the mode’ this time, which means I’ll be able to get the most out of my 16 days here. Only lousy thing was my stamina. Let me tell you, no matter how good you are in other sports or martial arts, once u stop something and pick it up again, its almost back to square one. It’s like if you are a marathon runner with excellent stamina, you’ll still be huffing and puffing like crazy when I put you in bodycombat. Different activity just works your system differently. Footwork was complete trash too. Have to get used to it again. Dance like a butterfly baby!

No comments: