Sunday, March 18, 2007

Day 1

I let out my breath in a whoosh…I’ve finally reached the camp and it ain’t looking too bad. Took about an hour to get there from the airport but that’s mostly due to the infamous jam.

Got a tour of the place and surprisingly, they have quite a collection of animals. I mean, it was like a mini zoo! Humongous fishes, monkeys, snakes, birds, greens and etc. Boy was I glad their gym is adequately equipped! Hah, it’ll be interesting to practise pump with free weights though! Sigh, no combat for a month…

Did I mention I was a little nervous about who my trainer was gonna be? I mean, this is the guy who I’ll be spending a month training one-on-one with. What if I don’t like him or vice versa? What if I can’t get a single word or worse, dislike his style? BUT GUESS WHAT?! My lucky stars must be shining on me cos my trainer is none other than their top honcho! His name is…hmm…I still can’t remember it correctly…gonna have to check the website to get it hehehe. He is like the most senior/master trainer here. Can’t speak English except for a couple of phrases like “One! Two!”, “Jab! Jab!”, “I cue! I cue!”. It was really hard to get techniques right. I can only learn by watching him and I couldn’t really ask any questions cos I’ll end up looking like a contestant on Pictionary instead.

On the whole, let’s just say I’m a little surprised the training wasn’t as tough as I thought it’ll be. Maybe because it’s only my first session and he couldn’t do much with my level – okay I admit I only did a super-light warm up session on my own in the gym – so went a little easy on me. But most of the people training here are pretty hardcore, staying like 10 weeks etc. Siao! Think there’s only like 3 or 4 girls here. Most trainees are Caucasians which is not surprising.

Gonna try to get some sleep in the super hot room with a useless AC. Works more like a fan… It’s training 6.30am, let’s pray it’ll roll out as smooth as today.

No comments: