Sunday, March 18, 2007

Day 4

I’m just getting more bruises before others get healed. Man, my shins are in bad shape after training today. Top of my feet aren’t faring any better. Had to stop using left leg for kicks cos it just got so painful.

Did I mention it’s actually not easy jumping on tires? It’s so funny cos you see it on TV and you’d think it shouldn’t be too tough, even fun maybe. But let me tell you, it’s tough. It’s a killer on the calves. Have to really watch out on my hip flexors, well my bottom half really. Don’t want to get injured and the kicks really put a huge strain on my hips and legs.

I’ve been training with a couple of other trainers and it’s great to get a variety of styles. Everyone has their favorite combos so I got to play around a bit more. Only setback is I get so confused on certain techniques. It’s getting pretty frustrating to have to change my style everytime I change a trainer. Got this guy called Boon Ma today. He’s pretty fun and I like the combos he threw at me. He got me to spar with him too! I mean, I was like “What? Me spar? You sure??” and he just nodded, smiled and said “Yes, you heavy, me light light. Okay?” So I had my first pseudo sparring! Well if it was a playstation game, I would’ve been ‘K.O-ed’ a quite few times. Goodness…Now I look at the matches yesterday a little differently than before. Muay thai is no joke ladies and gentlemen.

No comments: