Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Day 6

Shit.

Blisters.

Fuck. Fuck. FUCK!

Didn’t get any the first couple days and I was totally ecstatic my feet were holding. Guess my happiness was premature. It’s just irritating more than anything. Right at my big toes and it makes it harder for me to move. Don’t even talk about kicks now, have to pivot on the balls of my feet to do that and that’s where the blisters are. Hmm maybe I’ll just have to get those Puma shoes earlier than I thought. They are just 399 baht! That’s like S$17, way cheaper than those in KL. Quality wise, won’t know till I’ve worn them. Not expecting a lot though. But I mean, c’mon, it’s only $17 and they have brazilian colors too! So tempted to get those but it’ll be weird wearing it other than for Taka roda.

Hah, Boon Ma asked me to spar with him again this morning. Did slightly better this time, starting to get into the groove of it. I’m finding it hard to break my capoeira training of ducking and escaping. Have to keep reminding myself to block and hit. Starting to prefer training with him cos I don’t have to worry about holding back. I get a better workout but honestly, I’m a little burned out. Can’t generate much power with my kicks especially left. My strong side has become weak instead. Geeze, it’s only day 6 and worse, Monday, which means I have 5 more days till Sunday.

No comments: