Friday, March 23, 2007

Day 9

Yay! Congratulations to me! I’ve finally overcome the urge to ‘Queixada’ everytime I’m being attacked and graduated to just ‘Bencáo’ haha! It’s actually alright cos it’s very similar to one of their moves called ‘foot jab’, except of course you really kick to push the guy away and you also run the risk of him catching hold of your leg.

Training today was awesome! I think it’s the best training day to date. Had Boon Ma in the morning and I feel I’ve made progress with him. I’ve finally figured out the footwork a little more and it made my reaction faster. Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee baby!! He threw me great combos and we worked a little faster. Kept testing my guards too with kicks and swipes. Really got to work on my reaction skills. Totally exhausted after.

Trained with this guy called Jakrit in the afternoon. He has only corrected my techniques when I’m on the bags before so had no idea what his teaching style would be. Man, absolute challenge which was right when I needed it! Training with him is almost like sparring. Thank god it was 3-minute rounds that session else I would’ve have die by round 2. He corrected a few of my techniques and taught me a few new moves. It was fantastic! I’m having lots of problem using my legs to block, meaning I ended up getting kicked pretty often.

Then after, Boon Ma got me to spar with him. I was wiped after the 7 rounder with Jakrit but hey, not gonna miss a chance to spar! Yes, I’m getting a little more violent hehe. This time he got a little bit more serious and kicked more, kicked harder. Like I said, I kept forgetting to use my legs to guard/block. So bloody used to ‘esquiva-ing’ and ‘role’. The end result? Added a few more bruises to my already colorful legs and arms. It was fun though.

No comments: