Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Day 13

I think I had the Monday blues. Training in the morning was total crap. Didn’t sleep a wink last night, almost didn’t wake up in time for training.

Sparred with Boon Ma again today. I got socked like a hundred times. It was considered light but it still felt like a small concussion every time I got hit. You’d have thought after being hit a few times that I’d guard better but NOooo…arms weren’t listening. Legs weren’t too for that matter. Him being a seasoned fighter, his aim was dead on. I kept getting kicked in the same spot, big bruises tomorrow I’m sure. Took a few kicks to my trunk too. Let me tell you, it feels like your whole ribcage vibrates along with the organs and for a split second, you can’t breathe. And it was a light kick mind you. I can’t imagine what would’ve happened if it was a real kick or punch. God, I really have no idea how those people fight in the ring. Million Dollar Baby?? I feel more like One Dollar Baby.

Afternoon session was better, body’s awake by then. Busted my right ankle. Shit. Best part is my left’s just barely holding, so this is not good news. I have to really watch out.

I know that the middle of every journey or anything we do is the toughest stage to sustain. I’m heading into my 3rd week here and honestly, I’m ready to go home. I’m not sure how I’m gonna make it through the next 2 weeks. I’m not giving up, not this easily, that’s not who I am. Just feeling a little frustrated with my progress or rather lack of and not getting enough quality sleep.

No comments: